- Guest Services
- Shakopee, MN, USA
Greet Canterbury Park guests and ensure they receive a high level of customer service.
*This position is subject to the youth wage for individuals who are 15 years of age or younger.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greet all guests politely.
- Answer general information questions for guests.
- Read daily Group Sales Forecast and Canterbury Park promotions/events information and relay that information to guests.
- Maintain control of entry to Canterbury Park on live race days.
- Scan coupons for validity as specified.
- Scan MVP cards for free admission or program purchases.
- Provide guests with stamp for re-entry.
- Enforce outside food and beverage policy with all guests.
- Deposit all coupons and ticket stubs and complete daily paperwork.
- Inform leadership of supply needs or technical difficulties with equipment.
- Assist with will-call in applicable locations.
- Check in/out with supervisor at the beginning and end of every shift.
- Maintain a clean, safe and welcoming work environment.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Ability to interact with guests and co-workers in a professional manner.
- Must be able to pass Canterbury Park's pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check and verification of work history.
- Must be able to attain a Minnesota Racing Commission (MRC) license.
- Previous customer service experience
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maintain a flexible working schedule, which may include nights and weekends during the live race season May – September.
- While performing the essential duties of this job, the position involves frequent standing, walking, and wrist and hand use.
- Must be able to lift up to 10 lbs.
Canterbury Park is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.