- Building Services
- Shakopee, MN, USA
The purpose of this position is to perform housekeeping duties in the following areas: Backside Dorms, Administration Building and Restrooms in the Barn area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dust mop all floors, trash and reline all trash cans.
- Clean/disinfect bathrooms and common areas in the administration building on the backside of Canterbury Park's Racing Operation..
- Wipe off all tables/tvs in game area of administration building.
- Vacuum all carpeted areas and able to wear a back pack vacuum
- Restock all bathrooms as needed in both the administrative building and barn dorms.
- Wash or spot clean all windows/door glass
- Ensure trashes in assigned area are checked daily.
- Recycle card board, glass and plastic
- Must be at least 18 years of old.
- Ability to adjust to a variety of client temperaments and personalities and be willing to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to meet deadlines and complete a project accurately in a high stress environment.
- Able to operate a pressure washer.
- Must be able to pass Canterbury Park's pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, Drug Screening, and Canterbury Park Safe Driving Policy.
- Must be able to attain a Minnesota Racing Commission (MRC) license.
- Housekeeping experience helpful.
- Customer service experience preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, this position requires frequent standing, walking, pushing, pulling, stopping, twisting, bending and climbing. Requires doing repetitive movements.
- Flexibility of schedule is required. Available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays during the live racing season (May-September).
- Requires working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Requires working in extreme temperatures.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Requires frequent wrist or hand use.
Canterbury Park is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.