- Building Services
- Shakopee, MN, USA
The purpose of this position is to perform housekeeping duties in the following areas: Night Crew, Race Crew, and Event Crew.
*Shifts Needed: Race/Event Crew (Thurs-Sun, race hours); Night Crew (Thurs-Sun, Midnight to 8:30am)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Dust mop all floors, trash and reline all trash cans.
- Clean/disinfect showers in jockey's lounge, and squeegee the floors in sauna rooms.
- Wipe off all tables/tvs
- Vacuum all carpeted areas and able to wear a back pack vacuum
- Check on garbage compactor(make sure it's not plugged in), break down any boxes
- Restock all bathrooms as needed
- Wash or spot clean all windows/door glass
- Wash down pigeon seats
- Clean jockey's tunnel to winners circle/paddock
- Sweep winners circle
- Recycle card board, glass and plastic
- Make sure building is ready for day to day business. Card Club, Racing, Backside or Special Events
- Must be at least 18 years or older for the Night Crew
- Must be at least 16 years or older for the Racing Crew or Event Crew
- Able to operate a pressure washer
- Able to stack, move and set up chairs and tables
- Must be able to obtain an MRC license
- Housekeeping experience helpful.
- Customer service experience preferred.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, this position requires frequent standing, walking, pushing, pulling, stopping, twisting, bending and climbing. Requires doing repetitive movements.
- Flexibility of schedule is required. Available to work days, nights, weekends and holidays during the live racing season (May-September).
- Requires working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Requires working in extreme temperatures.
- Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Requires frequent wrist or hand use.
- Must be able to wear and operate a 35 lb back pack vacuum or blower.
Canterbury Park is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.