- SHAKOPEE, MN, USA
- Full Time
The primary function of this position is to deliver efficient and timely maintenance including but not limited to all carpentry related and "as needed" tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Metal and wood framing-floor and wall
- Exterior shell coverings- Steel, wood, vinyl and cement board
- Roofing-metal, rubber and asphalt
- Light welding
- Concrete walks
- Insulation-wall, ceiling, doors, windows
- Interior wall coverings-sheet rock install and taping and FRP
- Interior ceiling coverings-ceiling tile and grid, sheet rock
- Floor coverings-VCT
- Repair existing doors and hardware
- Cabinetry-drawers, cabinets and locks
- Repair horse stalls and barns
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma/GED and 2-4 years' experience working as a carpenter or has successfully completed a vocational/trade school for Carpentry or experience working in a related field such as; roofing, sheet rocking, siding or concrete.
- The ability to learn O.S.H.A. safety regulations.
- Have his or her, own hand tools, or the ability to purchase them.
- Can operate construction equipment with precision such as; skid steer with all available attachments, forklift, 1 man lift, scissor lift, all terrain lift, aerial lift, snow plow and snow sweeper.
- Must be able to pass Canterbury Park's pre-employment screening which includes a criminal background check, verification of work history, drug screening, and Canterbury Park's Safe Driving Policy.
- Must be able to attain a Minnesota Racing Commission (MRC) license.
- Can read and understand blue prints and estimate materials.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, this position requires frequent standing, walking, pushing, and pulling, stooping, twisting, bending, climbing, squatting, crawling or kneeling.
- This position requires working nights, weekends & holidays.
- Requires working indoors and outdoors in all temperatures / weather conditions and in occasional smoking environments.
- Must be able to reach above shoulder.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Requires frequent wrist or hand use.
Canterbury Park is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.